Thursday, September 22, 2016

Formal E-Mail Writing

To: Brad Blackstone

From: Hoe Xin En

Date: 21st September 2016

Subject: Self-Introduction


Dear Brad,

I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself. My name is Hoe Xin En. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic in 2016, with a diploma in Engineering Informatics.

Prior to the telematics degree I am pursuing, in the course of my study I learnt Enterprise Networking, Programming (C#), IT Services Operation Management and other modules related to smart objects. My specialization was networking as I preferred hands-on work, which required me to do cabling from routers to switches and making my very own network cables to be used in the projects given.

During my spare time, I love photography. It has been one of my interests since the age of 12. As my dad used to be a wedding photographer, I learned a thing or two from him. Since then, I have been taking photographs during special occasions to capture precious moments. I also enjoy playing sports such as badminton and pool. I play badminton and pool as regularly as once per week as it allows me to reduce stress from the hectic schedule I had.



My goals in SIT are to acquire proficient communication skills and gain as much knowledge related to telematics which will allow me to have a head start in the working industry. My aim for the future is to be a computer engineer which will allow me to develop and improve our technologies given to a higher scale using the skills I learnt in polytechnic and the telematics course to good use.

Thank you for taking your time to read this email and I look forward to improve my communication skills as well as learning new things each week.

Sincerely,

Xin En





-------------------------------------------------------------------
Commented on: Ian, Jie Lin.

---------------------------------------
Edited on: 29 September 2016



5 comments:

  1. Dear Xin En

    I have enjoyed reading your post and am glad to be able to know you better through this post. The addition of the pictures are a fantastic way of portraying your passion with photography.
    I truly believe that you will be able to achieve your goals in future.

    Yours Sincerely
    Ian Tan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ian,

      Thank for your kind comment! :)

      Regards,
      Xin En

      Delete
  2. Dear Xin En,

    After reading your post i believe i have a better understanding of you. Our goals are similar and i believe we can both achieve it ! We like the same sports so maybe one day we can play a game together.

    Your Sincerely,
    Jie Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jie Lin,

      Thank for your kind comment! Fix a date and we can play pool and badminton together! :)

      Regards,
      Xin En

      Delete
  3. Thanks very much, Xin En, for this very informative intro. It is clear, concise and yet detailed enough for us readers to have a better understanding of what makes you who you are. You seem 'well-rounded.' I'm especially interested in your interest in 'Smart Objects.' Not being an engineer, I wonder: Is that actually a field of study?

    Also, I am very happy to learn of your interest in photography, and I like the three you have posted. I can see a certain preference for 'realism' in these. There is an ongoing documentation project now at SIT which requires students with your talent and interest. Please speak to me about this. :)

    Aside from the rich content of your letter, there is generally fluent language use. Here are a couple areas though that need a review:

    1) ...from the busy schedule I had all week. >>> (verb tense)
    2) My specialization is.... >>> (verb tense: Now or in poly?)
    3) capitalization errors:
    -- to be a Computer Engineer
    -- the skills I learnt in Polytechnic and the Telematics course
    -- specialization is Networking
    4) one of my interest >>> one of my interestS

    This criticism should not eclipse your fine effort.

    Let's talk soon about the photography.

    ReplyDelete